Eighteen Wheelers: Twisted Tales from the Truck Stops - Vinyl LP$20.00
**All New Volume ** In-Stock **
** Shipping Now **
Breaker, Breaker... Any Takers?
OK, So you’re thinking trucking records... "Teddy Bear", "Giddy Up Go" & "Convoy”... Right? Well yes, they were all pretty much flagstones of that short lived craze of the 70’s when people everywhere was reaching for their Midland Convoy Buddy CB radios and dreaming of adventures on the road and maybe meeting a few truck stop waitresses along the way, But the trucking song goes as far back as trucks themselves. Gathered here are some of the toughest from the genre from the 60’s through to the mid 70’s, Small label 45’s cut by blue collar men who drove an 18 wheeler by day and picked up a guitar on the weekend to tell stories of highway mayhem, Double Clutchin’, Gear Bustin’ & Coffee Drinking. This collection will literally put you in the seat for a road trip you’ll never forget. You will almost smell the Diesel Fumes...
1. Bill Woods - Truck Driving Man
2. Billy Deaton - Six Cents A Mile
3. Benny Barnes - Diesel Smoke
4. Harold Crosby - Big Big Truck
5. Gene Satterfield - Double Clutchin' Man
6. Truman Langford - Freight Liner Fever
7. Stan Farlow - Hot Wheels
8. Sir Calvin Coolidge - Big Diesel Man
9. Terry Fell - Coffee Jim, The Trucker
1. Lloyd Howell - Truck Driving "Jack"
2. Ray Salter - Truck Driver's Dream
3. Claude Allen - Big Wheels
4. Autry Inman - Big Sam
5. Lonnie Irving - Trucker's Vitus
6. Bobby Edison - Truck Driver's Life
7. Red Simpson - I'm A Truck
8. Bobby Braddock - Gear Bustin' Sort of Feller
9. Dick Mosely - Truck Stop Number Three